ON THIS (6th) RELEASE
A year on from the 5th release, this release adds some exciting new sections as well as a number of chapter augmentations and necessary updates. Notable are Michael Gogins' Chapter on running Csound within a browser using HTML5 technology, Victor Lazarrini's and Ed Costello's explanations about Web based Csound, and a new chapter describing the use pairing Csound with the Haskell programming language.
Thanks to all contributors to this release.
What's new in this Release
- Added a section about the necessity of explicit initialization of k-variables for multiple calls of an instrument or UDO in chapter 03A Initialization and Performance Pass (examples 8-10).
- Added a section about the while/until loop in chapter 03C Control Structures.
- Expanded chapter 03D Function Tables, adding descriptions of GEN 08, 16, 19 and 30.
- Small additions in chapter 03E Arrays.
- Some additions and a new section to help using the different opcodes (schedule, event, scoreline etc) in 03F Live Events.
- Added a chapter 03I about Functional Syntax.
- Added examples and descriptions for the powershape and distort opcodes in the chapter 04 Sound Synthesis: Waveshaping.
- Expanded chapter 05A Envelopes, principally to incorporate descriptions of transeg and cosseg.
- Added chapter 05L about methods of amplitude and pitch tracking in Csound.
- Added example to illustrate the recording of controller data to the chapter 07C Working with Controllers at the request of Menno Knevel.
- Chapter 10B Cabbage has been updated and attention drawn to some of its newest features.
- Refactored chapter 12A about The Csound API for Csound6 and added a section about the use of Foreign Function Interfaces (FFI) (written by François Pinot).
- Added chapter 12G about Csound and Haskell (written by Anton Kholomiov).
- Added chapter 12H about Csound and HMTL, also explaining the usage of HTML5 Widgets (written by Michael Gogins).
The examples in this book are included in CsoundQt (Examples > FLOSS Manual Examples). Even the examples which require external files should now work out of the box.
If you would like to refer to previous releases, you can find them at http://files.csound-tutorial.net/floss_manual. Also here are all the current csd files and audio samples.
Berlin, March 2015
Iain McCurdy and Joachim Heintz