- Debrief: Sprinting to Build an Open Science Course - Example of a workshop that turned into a School of Open course called Open Science: An Introduction.
- Seeds for Change resources: Lots of guides to workshops, meetings, facilitation and tools for workshops.
- Wilderdom has a wide selection of 'games' and activities to complement and support learning, including links to other resources.
- Training for Dummies, Elaine Biech, 2005. ISBN: 0764559850. Good resource to support ongoing learning. Lots of tips and techniques for existing or would-be facilitators.
- How to Run a Great Workshop: The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings, Nikki Highmore Sims, 2006. ISBN: 0273707876. Useful guide to developing and running participatory workshops.
- Facilitating Group Learning: Strategies for Success with Adult Learners, George Lakey, 2010. ISBN: 0470768630. Very readable book with lots of examples from his extensive experience of facilitating social change groups.
Task: Share your workshop tips
How would you improve this course?
How would you expand what you learned here into a larger workshop/unconference?